[NatureNS] Nature Finds & Pics (Angus' Odes)

From: "d.bridgehouse" <d.bridgehouse@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 08:43:20 -0300

Hi Angus - great pix and report .

Your Emerald is the Amereican Emerald aka Cordulia shurtleffii

Your other small dragonfly is a female Hudsonian Whiteface aka Leucorrhinia
hudsonica.

Your clear winged moth is probably a day flying Hemaris thysbe or diffinis .
Hummingbird or Snowberry Clearwing moth of the Sphinx family of moths. H.
thysbe is the more common of the 3 species in NS

DB