[NatureNS] poison ivy sensitivity

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 22:31:34 -0300

	When I was about 8, to 10 we lived in a neighbourhood near
another couple who also enjoyed being out of doors, but Elaine had to be
extraordinarily careful of walking anywhere there might be poison ivy. She
had to send out scouts ahead of her, because even the slightest drops of its
oil in the air would make her horribly sick. It was sort of the magnitude of
reactions people take to bee or wasp stings or to nuts or the shellfish (my
oldest son!). Allergies can come and disappear at any time in our lives, as I
have learned, not only from what I have read, but also have experienced.
JET