[NatureNS] Purple Finch Leg Banded

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 01:19:05 +0000

I have a report of a purple finch with a leg band at Corkum's Island that
has been there since February.  I asked if there was more information about
the band that I could obtain as to whether it is a color banded bird or if a
number can be read.

Today, I took a quick run out to Crescent Beach and up through Mount
Pleasant and along the Watermill Road.  It was very quiet in comparison to
normal, but it was late afternoon, so to be expected I guess.  Anyhow, of
interest was one Nashville Warbler.  Other birds were normal, except that on
Crescent Beach on the marsh area as the tide was high there were 11
black-bellied plovers, and three red knots.  The red knots were in nice
breeding plumage.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

Windows Live Hotmail. Now with better security, storage and features.
www.newhotmail.ca?icid=WLHMENCA149