[NatureNS] Belleisle Marsh

From: "JPercy" <jpercy@auracom.com>
To: "Naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 20:14:42 -0300

Yesterday evening at Belleisle Marsh:
- 1 turkey vulture
- 10 -12 male Bobolinks
- lots of yellow warblers in the hedgerows
- pair of ospreys attending nesting platform. There is a small pile of
sticks there...hardly a nest...... but at least it looks as though the
platform will get some use this year. It also seems that the nesting
platform near the Tidal Power plant is being used.
- I finally spotted the pied billed grebe nest at the French Basin Trail;
one adult was present offshore and the other slipped off the nest just as I
arrived...so I hurriedly departed the area. No idea if there are any eggs
there. The nest is a pretty nondescript looking pile of mud and vegetation
that wouldn't be noticeable unless the bird was present.

Jon Percy
Granville Ferry, NS