[NatureNS] FW: 296 chimney swifts at Middleton!

Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 01:20:16 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: Claire Diggins <claire_diggins@hotmail.com>,

Wow!  Great report, Claire, thanks! from Jim et al.
----------
From: Claire Diggins <claire_diggins@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 21:05:06 -0300
To: jimwolford@eastlink.ca
Subject: swifts

A great night for swift counting at the Middleton chimney!!
I arrived at 7:43. First swift arrived at 7:48. A shower began at 7:57. A
small flock of birds circled and 5 entered the chimney at 8:05. From that
time small flocks arrived, circled a few times, and entered. The last birds
entered at 8:38. I left at 8:45

I counted 296 birds and I know that was a conservative count. Claire

Windows Live Hotmail gives you the control you need to help you keep your
e-mail private, safe and secure. See for yourself!
www.newhotmail.ca?icid=WLHMENCA147