[NatureNS] birding in the rain

From: "Michael King" <mikenjenn1@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 15:23:29 -0300

birding in the rain seems to be everybodys topic as the weather here has not
been the best the last few days but,the birds seem to like it.birds of
interest are;
Tuft's Cove;
laughing gull
spotted sandpiper
mute swan(escapee)
East Pennant;
baltimore oriole
in the area but not seen are indigo bunting and blue grosbeak,sorry I do not
know the address.
Duncans Cove:
1 grey catbird
9:00 am this morning seen from the sewage outflow at the end of Grove St.
were approx.150 red phalaropes flying towards Seaview Park,we also saw 2 red
phalaropes by the Ferry Terminal.
Hartlen Point Golf Coarse:
2 black-bellied plovers
1 whimbrell
Seaview Park:
50 red phalaropes
Spectacle Lake
black-throated blue warbler
ovenbird
cape may
and the rest of the regulars.
went looking for the rose-breasted grosbeak in Fairview but was not seen
today.there were 2 chipping sparrows.

GO BIRDING

Mike

See Fireworks On Live Image Search