[NatureNS] Insect life today

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ca
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 17:11:59 -0300

	While on the east Wolfville dyke this afternoon searching for birds
for the spring migratory bird count I also found a very small but active tent
caterpillar nest in the V of a choke cherry bush. I could see by using my
binoculars at least one caterpillar moving around inside it. Further on there
were three water striders skimming around on the water in the drainage
ditch next to the gravel road which parallels the dyke. JET