[NatureNS] Hummingbird

Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 19:55:43 -0300
From: Eleanor Lindsay <az678@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I do indeed have a regular bird feeder in the area, and it was a male
hummingbird - thanks!
And now I have just witnessed another unusual (for me), and delightful,
hummer behaviour; I went out to water some newly planted seeds with a
full watering can and as soon as I started watering a male hummer
appeared and hovered under the (gentle) stream of water. He eventually
settled on the ground, still under the falling water and stayed there
fanning out his tail and stretching his wings and shaking himself until
all the water was finished! I was so enchanted I missed the seeds
altogether!!
Eleanor L.