[NatureNS] Racoon

From: Hubcove@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 18:02:42 EDT
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca

-------------------------------1178834562

Just had a very surprising encounter with a large racoon. I went out on the
deck to look at the finches on the feeders and was surprised to see a very
large  racoon taking a drink from our stream about 30 feet away. It may explain
why our  recycling bin and composter were knocked over last night. I had
suspected a bear  but this racoon was certainly big enough to do the damage.
Lots of finches, yellow and purple, at the feeders as well as both
nuthatches as well as the usual chickadees and jays.. Various sparrows and a  beautiful
male spruce grouse yesterday. Hairy and downy WP seem particularly  plentiful
this year.
Peter Stow
Hubbards

-------------------------------1178834562

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16441" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY:=20=
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D3>
<DIV>Just had a very surprising encounter with a large racoon. I went out on=
 the=20
deck to look at the finches on the feeders and was surprised to see a very l=
arge=20
racoon taking a drink from our stream about 30 feet away. It may explain why=
 our=20
recycling bin and composter were knocked over last night. I had suspected a=20=
bear=20
but this racoon was certainly big enough to do the damage.</DIV>
<DIV>Lots of finches, yellow and purple, at the feeders as well as both=20
nuthatches as well as the usual chickadees and jays.. Various sparrows and a=
=20
beautiful male spruce grouse yesterday. Hairy and downy WP seem particularly=
=20
plentiful this year.</DIV>
<DIV>Peter Stow</DIV>
<DIV>Hubbards</DIV></FONT>   </BODY></HTML>