[NatureNS] American woodcock and young

From: "Jeannie" <jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 22:23:25 -0300

While driving out to my cottage this afternoon my brother came across a
woodcock and 4 young walking across the road.He pulled over and got out of
the car and proceeded to walk toward them and the young immediately went
into a crunch and did not move,while the mom went into the ditch.He said he
just picked all 4 up and placed them in the ditch with mother and they then
followed her into the woods.He said, he has never seen them so tiny
before,they could not even fly.
Jeannie Shermerhorn,Port Hawkesbury

Cottage....Cape George,Cape Breton

jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca