[NatureNS] Barrington Birds

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 19:21:35 -0300

I always read carefully the reports on owls, and marvel that so many owls
are heard and sighted. Hearing owls is of course beyond me, since I am very
severly impaired when it comes to hearing. I remember a number of years ago
my sister tried to make me hear a hermit thrush near her camp in the calm of
the evening - I have been wondering ever since if they sound as nice as she
said they did.

Birds at my feeder - about twenty grackle - they look like fresh arrivals.
The usual flock of junko.
A beautiful male white throated sparrow.
Chipping sparrow with probably the brownest cap I have seen on one.

Roland.