[NatureNS] Question

Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 17:01:21 -0300
From: "Randy Lauff" <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

------=_Part_136090_23877140.1178049681953

Yup, they are. There are three visually-different flickers in North America.
I beleive they've been all lumped as one species (not entirely sure on that
though) and separated into three species. Currently, the Red-shafted (out
west) and Yellow-shafted (east) are lumped as the Northern Flicker. The
third flicker is the Gilded Flicker, found in the extreme SW of the
continent.

On 01/05/07, Jeannie <jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
> I see a lot of people reporting Northern flickers and I was wondering if
> the
> northern flicker and the common flicker are one-in-the-same.
> Thank you,Jeannie
> Jeannie Shermerhorn,Port Hawkesbury
>
> Cottage....Cape George,Cape Breton
>

> jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca