[NatureNS] daphne

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:36:08 -0300

Yesterday with the warm air and gentle breezes I went out
to photograph my daphne shrub. It is well behind a
chainlink fence so safe from anyone wanting to get
poisoned by it.  When the breeze drifting past it hit me I
found the air to be almost tropical in scent. It was coming
from the shrub and it was like nothing else I've ever had a
chance to smell. Magnificent!. Other years I've not gotten a
scent but then again maybe the conditions weren't right. I
did photograph a bee visiting the small flowers.  Don't
blame him. It was intoxicating... Anyone near a fully open
shrub, go take a big sniff. Well worth it. Heather in Halifax.