FW: [NatureNS] Baby Crows

Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:44:52 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Crows right now are building nests but are very unlikely to have babies yet,
and certainly not ones that are producing that call -- only ravens might
have babies now, since they start incubating their eggs in early Spring.
(Same for great horned owls, bald eagles, barred owls, gray jays, etc.?)
The call that Paul heard that sounds like a young begging crow can be heard
at all times of the year, and I don't have my copy of Stokes on Bird
Behaviour here with me to see what the various contexts are for this call.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville