[NatureNS] Birds of Interest today

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 19:32:59 +0000

This morning along the Whynot's Settlement Road or Mullock's Road which is
the real name Dorothy Poole, David Walmark, and I had cooper's hawk.  Later
at Second Peninsula we saw the indigo bunting.  We took a run out to
Stonehurst to try for the Rose-breasted Grosbeak that was there, but without
luck.  When arriving home and walking up to the house, I saw a bird under
the spruces and asked Dorothy to stop and take a look.  What are the
chances, but there was a male rose-breasted grosbeak.  There must have been
a bunch that came in over the past few days.  Along Prince's Inlet Drive
were seven cedar waxwings.

The other interesting event of the day was the crossing over the LaHave
River on the ferry.  Present were five horses and their riders.  They were
headed over the the LaHave Bakery for a family outing.  This was a first for
me in all the times I have ridden on the ferry in which horses were
passengers.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore.

Find the best places on campus to get take out, study & unwind
http://www.liveu.ca/explore.aspx