[NatureNS] Harlequin Ducks and Bald Eagles

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:10:27 +0000

Pat and I accompanied Dorothy and a gentleman named Victor to Sable River
and Port L'Herbert on April 6.  We saw 18 harlequins there.

In the area of Lunenburg County, I have two active eagle nests so far.  One
is just outside of Bridgewater and the other is close to the border of First
South/Bayport.  Both adults are incubating.  At the First South/Bayport nest
site there was a lot of excitement with the female greeting the adult male
as he brought in lunch.  The nest outside of Bridgewater is a new one.  It
was built within about 20 feet of the old nest used for four or five years
prior and is in a much more secure and better location than the old one.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

Check Out Our List Of Trendy Restaurants. You'll Eat It Up!
http://local.live.com/?mkt=en-ca/?v=2&cid=A6D6BDB4586E357F!378