[NatureNS] This pm at Hartlen and Conrod's

Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:06:28 -0300
From: Brian Bartlett <bbartlett@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Don, While I was familiar with the old trick of using a dead crow as a sort
of scarecrow, the crow at Harlens Pt. was likely too far from the water to
have been washed up, unless someone had moved it. Moreover, its feathers
seemed in much too good shape to have been through a long soak and float in
the Atlantic, and the weatherworn board and turquoise rope suggested its
feet had been tied near the Pt. itself, where there wouldn't be any crops in
need of protection. Maybe golfers have a reason to hate crows?