Rebound: was Re: [NatureNS] Determining Elevation

Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 20:26:20 -0400
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Steve & All,            Mar 7, 2007
    There is an article (perhaps a bit out of date) on Maritime
submergence in Proc. N.S. Inst. Sci 27, Supplement 3, 83-102, 1975 by D.
R. Grant. In round numbers, the rate of sea level rise in N.S. over the
last 5000 years, relative to land, has been constant at about 1 foot per
century. Having rebounded after glacial retreat we appear to have
started going down about 9000 years BP.

    One must read some figures and text with care because metric
measurements are sometimes out by an order of magnitude (e.g. cm when dm
was intended on p. 97 and mm when cm was intended on p. 88) but all in
all a very good article I think.
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville