[NatureNS] Determining Elevation

Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:05:28 -0400
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Lois & All,            Feb 11, 2007
    That is slick. Being gadget oriented these days one tends to forget
the power of geometry (earth measurement).

Note that the angle OAD need not be a right angle, the only constraints
being that OA and GE be parallel and the ratio of DE to AD be known.I
would guess that, for given length of AD, error will be minimum when ODE
is 90o.
Yt, DW