FW: [NatureNS] golden eagles at Fredericton??

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:15:52 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,

David, Thanks a million for you prompt response, and what a bonus are those
lovely photos you took of the adult golden just 10 days ago!  For those who
are much less knowledgeable about eagles, one field mark to particularly
note on any eagle with dark head, is whether or not the wing linings show a
lot of white.  If they do not, there is a definite possibility of your eagle
being a golden, either immature or adult.

I'm very glad I put my question on NatureNS, even though of course I was
very skeptical of any report of more than one or two golden eagles.

I believe I have about three sightings in my 30+ years in Nova Scotia, and
one of those was only probable, not definite.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville