[NatureNS] Pot vibration

Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:26:43 -0800 (PST)
From: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Dave and All
All pots with some water tend to turn when subjected
to a good heat. Try cooking on a small stove out in
the woods with a good round bottomed pot.
However billy cans - big tomato juice cans for example
are more resistant to such movements and for this
reason are very good for a camping trip. Cheap too if
you show need a new one. Put a wire for a handle.
Prehaps its the ring around the bottom that holds them
fast. They are always useful if you should desire to
call in a moose.
It reminds me of the story when once I was in Keji and
thought to call a moose on a bog. I went after sundown
on an evening with a full moon. It was a nice bog with
a brook running through. I had paddled up the brook.
At least 2 kms from the nearest camp site. After a bit
I gave the billy can call a rub, every beaver in the
brook took to slapping their tails. Up and down the
brook. Got their attention anyway. Just then I hear a
guy hollering at the camp site - "What the **** was
that?" The sound travelled good.
After 10 minutes or so, I took anyother shot. Same
result with the beavers. The guy hollered "There the
******* thing goes again!" and done what only a wise
man would do - turned up a radio full blast.
Alas no moose. Maybe Daves pot would have brought one
out.
Have a good winter til camping
Paul