[NatureNS] Re: Disappearance of Black-capped Chickadees

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 01:27:58 +0000

I've noticed an increase of chickadees at my feeders over the past week, by
about 7-10 birds.  Maybe with the cold weather and high winds some of the
chickadees were dispersed to alternate locations, possibly further south.  I
can't comment about whether numbers in this area otherwise have dropped as I
have not done any serious birding other than by car over the past week.  I
have not heard any complaints and no one has phoned or e-mailed me about a
drop in chickadee numbers, which leads me to think that there has not been a
noticeable change.  If people do start to send in reports about reduced
numbers I'll report such.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

Buy what you want when you want it on Sympatico / MSN Shopping
http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca/content/shp/?ctId=2,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=081805