[NatureNS] missing birds at feeders

From: "Fritz McEvoy" <fritzmcevoy@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:33:08 -0400

Hi All,
    There have been a number of emails lately that ask the question where
are the BC Chickadees, Purple Finches or Blue Jays etc. that I usually see
at my feeders. In my experience these winter feeder species are locally
migratory and often will disappear for a few days weeks or even months
without explanation. They return when they return and the reason for the
disappearance could be something as innocuous as your neighbour has a better
food layout. I have noted these short absences for years and just keep
putting out seed and suet. Eventually they return. At the moment the missing
birds at my feeders are the Hairy & Downy Woodpeckers.Haven't seen either
for over a month. All the best.
                                           Fritz McEvoy
                                           Sunrise Valley CB (near Dingwall)

Buy, Load, Play. The new Sympatico / MSN Music Store works seamlessly with
Windows Media Player. Just Click PLAY.
http://musicstore.sympatico.msn.ca/content/viewer.aspx?cid=SMS_Sept192006