[NatureNS] Re: Disappearance of Black-capped Chickadees

From: "Peter Hope" <peterhope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:54:59 -0400

0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "&gt;&lt;A =
Hi Blake,

Our Caledonia Christmas Bird Count on December 17 recorded 493 black-capped
chickadees. This was our highest ever number in 16 years of holding the
count. I looked at 10 years of our count where the party hours were similar
but didn't do an average for chickadees but noted this year's total above
any pervious year with similar effort.

I wonder if we benefited from a movement.  My feeder retains its home flock
of about 7 or 8.

Pete Hope