[NatureNS] Great Birding Opp!

From: "Terri Crane" <terri.crane@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>, <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:21:17 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C73BBB.EFC70830

Hi Gang

Just a reminder to some that on the back side of this Weather Bomb =
there's going to be great opportunities to view "Ocean" birds up close =
on most all the headlands, bays and some harbours. Some Species will no =
doubt be viewed in mass! With the Gale - Storm force SE winds (on shore =
along the atlantic coast) being quickly replaced by Strong to Gale force =
W to NW winds (off shore) these events have the potential to be grand =
BUT usually short lived. In my experience it won't take long for the =
birds spill out of the bays, harbours and off the head lands returning =
to sea with the favorable Westerly flow that's following.

With this system arriving on a Friday and lasting through the evening =
and not forecasted to give the Westerlys until Saturday =
morning/afternoon depending on location. This will allow a great # of =
people to view the pile ups of seabirds in some areas.=20

I know where and what I'll be doing tomorrow morning.

Tom K
Canso

PS: Please treat the surf with respect. After all not all waves are =
created equal!

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C73BBB.EFC70830

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Gang</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just a reminder to some that on the =
back side of=20
this Weather Bomb there's going to be great opportunities to view =
"Ocean" birds=20
up close on most all the headlands, bays and some harbours. Some Species =
will no=20
doubt be viewed in mass! With the Gale - Storm force SE winds (on shore =
along=20
the atlantic coast) being quickly replaced by Strong to Gale force W to =
NW winds=20
(off shore) these events have the potential to be grand BUT usually =
short lived.=20
In my experience it won't take long for the birds spill out of the bays, =

harbours and off the head lands returning to sea with the favorable =
Westerly=20
flow that's following.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>With this system arriving on a Friday =
and lasting=20
through the evening and not forecasted to give the Westerlys until =
Saturday=20
morning/afternoon depending on location. This will allow a great # of =
people to=20
view the pile ups of seabirds in some areas. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I know where and what I'll be doing =
tomorrow=20
morning.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>Tom K<BR>Canso</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>PS: Please treat the surf with respect. After all not all waves are =
created=20
equal!</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C73BBB.EFC70830--