FW: [NatureNS] rodents and weather/snow

Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:12:20 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Actually little or no snow can be bad for rodents, although the mild
temperatures so far have been in the rodents' favor.  Snow provides a nice
insulating blanket for several kinds of small rodents, but of course in many
parts of Nova Scotia they must be adapted for very changeable conditions,
including periodic winter thaws and no snow.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville