[NatureNS] Re: Sandhill Crane Directions

Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:24:49 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Blake Maybank <maybank@ns.sympatico.ca>

--=======AVGMAIL-45A7D2713EE1=======

--=====================_111499890==.ALT

At 11:04 AM 12/01/2007, you wrote:
>Hi all,  I would like to go  to the location of the Sandhill Crane
>to photograpg it. Could some one send me the directions on getting
>there from  Sackville , N.S.  Thank you in advance. Melvina

I saw the crane yesterday, at the farm where it has been reported of
late (several postings to the NS-RBA for details).   In conversation
with the farmer, he advised me that the crane is quite shy, and
easily takes flight if approached too closely, so please keep a good
distance if you attempt to photograph it.   As the weather gets
colder, the bird will need good fortune, and no harassement, in order
to survive.

Cheers,

Blake Maybank
Editor, "Nova Scotia Birds"

author, "Birding Sites of Nova Scotia"
http://maybank.tripod.com/BSNS.htm

144 Bayview Drive
White's Lake, Nova Scotia,
B3T 1Z1, Canada

maybank@ns.sympatico.ca
(902) 852-2077
--=====================_111499890==.ALT

At 11:04 AM 12/01/2007, you wrote:<br>
go&nbsp; to the location of the Sandhill Crane to photograpg it. Could
some one send me the directions on getting there from&nbsp; Sackville ,
I saw the crane yesterday, at the farm where it has been reported of late
(several postings to the NS-RBA for details).&nbsp;&nbsp; In conversation
with the farmer, he advised me that the crane is quite shy, and easily
takes flight if approached too closely, so please keep a good distance if
you attempt to photograph it.&nbsp;&nbsp; As the weather gets colder, the
bird will need good fortune, and no harassement, in order to
survive.<br><br>
Cheers,<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
Blake Maybank<br>
Editor, &quot;Nova Scotia Birds&quot;<br><br>
author, &quot;Birding Sites of Nova Scotia&quot;<br>
http://maybank.tripod.com/BSNS.htm<br><br>
</a>144 Bayview Drive<br>
White's Lake, Nova Scotia, <br>
B3T 1Z1, Canada<br><br>