[NatureNS] Re: Flocks of Gray Jays

From: "Brian Dalzell" <dalzell@nbnet.nb.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:28:57 -0500

On Oct. 31st I noticed the first GRAY JAY I've ever seen at our farm in
Colchester county (Mill Brook).  The farm is surrounded by heavily cut-over
forest on all sides, leaving mostly scattered hardwoods with a few young
softwoods.  Not typical Gray Jay habitat for sure.  On Nov. 2nd I counted
five birds exploring around the farm, despite the nearest woods being at
least 250 meters away.  I never saw them again.  A roving flock for sure.

Brian Dalzell
Tatamagouche, NS