[NatureNS] Bald Eagle over L.Banook

From: "d.bridgehouse" <d.bridgehouse@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NATURENS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 19:44:00 -0400

Happy New Years - today at 2:50 PM my wife and I were walking the L.Banook
Loop and we spotted a large group of gulls circling wildly over the middle
of the lake. Then we saw what was causing the commotion . A mature Bald
Eagle had flown up the middle and scattered the group and then singled one
gull out of the group and went in pursuit of it. I have never seen a gull
pull so many aerial moves before .I guess one does what one has to do to
avoid being prey ! The Gull today lived to see another day . The BE did a
couple more passes after its failed attempt and then flew down the length of
the lake.

	Interesting predator-prey behavior .

	Cheers, DB