[NatureNS] New Year's Day birds (so far)

Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 16:27:31 -0400
From: "Richard Stern" <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi,

We spent last night at our cottage at Baxter's Harbor overlooking the
Bay of Fundy on the N.Mountain. The 1st bird of 2007 was a Common
Raven. However, on an hour's walk in the woods nearby we saw 2 species
that are "good" for King's Co. - a Gray Jay and a flock of ~30 W-W
Crossbills. We also saw some tracks in the snow that we're pretty sure
are Bobcat.  Later, back home, the yard was (and is) full of birds
coming to the feeder, including a N.Flicker.

Happy New Year,

Richard

On 1/1/07, Marian Fulton & Art Harding <fulton.harding@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> American goldfinches