[NatureNS] Flycatcher and Dickcissel on Sat. Wolfville count

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:35:30 -0400

Sheila McCurdy and I were out on the Wolfville CBC, Sat Dec 16th.  Our area:
Port Williams west to Middle Dyke Rd.  The last bird of the day was a great
find. Sheila spotted a handsome EASTERN PHOEBE perched on a broken tree
stump in a farm pond.  We watched it flitting between dead tree stumps in
the pond and a stand of hemlock nearby, and heard it calling. Unfortunately
by the time my camera was retrieved from the car, it was too late, the
flycatcher had

disappeared.

The farm pond is at the back of an orchard on the NE corner at the
intersection of Middle Dyke Rd and Belcher St.

Another good bird for our count was a DICKCISSEL found by Jean Timpa behind
the Acadia Cinema on Front St, Wolfville. It is associating with a flock of
House Sparrows.

Cheers
Judy Tufts

 Judy Tufts