[NatureNS] Duck deaths at Sullivan's Pond

Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 22:34:46 -0400
From: Derrick Weatherby <derrickweatherby@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Dusan and all,
How sad this is. Has anyone ever gone to the tree lighting  there?.  I did
two years ago to photograph the  fireworks and they had  all along one side
of the pond  on the gazebo side light up with fountains of white fireworks,
a  beautiful site to see.
  I  placed myself at the opposite side and  set up my camera and tripod.
Well when the fireworks started it started with a big bang  followed by the
fireworks.
 all the ducks  flew  right over my head and I almost got hit by one. It was
terrible how they were scared out of the pond. It`s a wander someone didn`t
get hurt. So if they had a fountain in the middle of the pond go up in
fireworks or whatever, I`m thinking the ducks would be  rushing out in every
direction, causing colllisions with each other.  Melvina