[NatureNS] Sandhill Crane

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 03:08:49 +0000

Hi all:

I do not have conscent for us to all to go onto the one property yet, where
the bird was reported.  Clarence Stevens Sr. saw the bird this afternoon in
a location, which I should be able to safely post.  In Hebbville near the
old Fancy's Canteen when heading towards Bridgewater just past Fancy's Lake,
you will see a gravel pit bank beside the road.  There is a house number 445
beside there. Just past there closer to Bridgewater is a road which goes up
to a huge tower in the middle of an extremely long field.  This is where the
sandhill crane was this afternoon as seen by Clarence, close to the tower.
It is ranging between that field and adjacent fields on a farm belonging to
Lillian Fancy who is the one who reported the bird to me.  From the tower it
should be easy to pan the adjacent fields.

Also reported to me this evening was a northern shrike at Fauxburg.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

>From: Ken MacAulay <kenmacaulay@eastlink.ca>
>To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
>Subject: Re: [NatureNS] Sandhill Crane
>Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:55:45 -0400
>
>James, can you elaborate on the location of the sandhill crane in
>Hebbville, please.  I have to pass that way on Thursday.
>Thanks.
>Ken MacAulay
>Port Mouton, NS

Not only does Windows Live™ OneCare™ provide all-in-one PC care to keep your
computer protected and well-maintained, but it also makes creating backup
files a breeze. Try it today!
http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionid=b2456790-90e6-4d28-9219-5d7207d94d45&mkt=en-ca