[NatureNS] FW: Wolfville Garden Plants & Flowers, from Barbara & Pat Giffin

Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:51:11 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: Barb & Pat Giffin <barpat@ns.sympatico.ca>

Thanks, Barpat! from Jim -- I presume these bloomings and buddings go back
to that very warm spell we had in the middle of November?
----------
From: Pat Giffin <barpat@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:21:58 -0400
To: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Subject: Plants & Flowers

Hi Jim:
Robert Wolfe, one of our neighbours, spends much of his time in keeping a
remarkable garden of flowers, fruit and vegetables reported yesterday that
he had 13 Mayflowers in bloom, and the buds on his high bush blueberries are
about to open.  3 years ago when this sort of maturity occurred this time of
year his blueberry crop the following year amounted to almost nothing.
Cheers, Barbara and Pat