[NatureNS] Mystery Duck

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:14:30 -0400

	Thanks so much for all your help with the mystery duck on First
Lake in Lower Sackville. Dan and Kathy Baur of Lower Sackville were the
ones who spotted it first and tried to describe it to me over the phone. No
wonder I didn't have any sweet clues about what Cathy was talking about!
I'll send them these emails and photos tonight. Dan has been and still is, I
think, head of the park commision which oversees First Lake and perhaps
someothers lakes nearby?  I haven't been to this park yet, but I probably
will be getting there soon, as my daugahter and son in law live nearby, and
the Baur's want to give me an escorted tour, too. Dan and Cathy go into the
area often to make sure all is well, and Kathy sensed, at least, that this
smaller duck, was "someone" unfamiliar.
	What would it sound like?  Cathy thought it sounded like someone
was sneezing!  And often.  Jean Timpa