[NatureNS] Antigonish birds update- Mon. Nov. 20

From: "Ken McKenna" <kenmcken@pchg.net>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:42:58 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C70DA5.3F2D8060

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644
kenmcken@pchg.net

    The Ballantyne's Cove Hummingbird was present all day Monday and =
seldom strayed too far from the feeder roosting between sips in the =
hardwoods in front of the feeders or the rose bush further toward the =
road.  An interesting juxtaposition were 8 Snow Buntings and 3 Gray Jays =
that passed through the yard. It reminded me of some of the strange =
combinations of birds seen about the same time last year after the =
hurricaines.=20
    There was a first winter Harlequin Duck off Cribbon's Wharf and a =
male Eurasian Wigeon at Antigonish Landing much easier birds to ID than =
the hummingbird!!  I could not locate Little Gull although there were 12 =
Black-headed Gulls at Ogdens Pond. I also could not re-locate the =
Red-bellied Woodpecker. THere were the usual moderate numbers of =
Bonapartes Gulls and Red-breasted Mergansers.=20

cheers
    Ken
------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C70DA5.3F2D8060

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ken McKenna<BR>Box 218 Stellarton =
NS<BR>B0K=20
1S0<BR>902 752-7644<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:kenmcken@pchg.net">kenmcken@pchg.net</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The Ballantyne's =
Cove=20
Hummingbird was present all day Monday and seldom strayed too far from =
the=20
feeder roosting between sips in the hardwoods in front of the feeders or =
the=20
rose bush further toward the road. &nbsp;An interesting juxtaposition =
were 8=20
Snow Buntings and&nbsp;3 Gray Jays that passed through the yard. It =
reminded me=20
of some of the strange combinations of birds&nbsp;seen about the same =
time last=20
year after the hurricaines. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; There was a first =
winter=20
Harlequin Duck&nbsp;off Cribbon's Wharf and a male Eurasian Wigeon at =
Antigonish=20
Landing much easier birds to ID than the hummingbird!!&nbsp; I could not =
locate=20
Little Gull although there were 12 Black-headed Gulls at Ogdens Pond. I =
also=20
could not re-locate the Red-bellied Woodpecker. THere were the usual =
moderate=20
numbers of Bonapartes Gulls and Red-breasted Mergansers. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>cheers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Ken</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C70DA5.3F2D8060--