[NatureNS] very few meteors during Weekend Meteor Shower for New England --

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:42:34 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: Roy Bishop <rg@ns.sympatico.ca>

Below is a message from Roy Bishop reporting only 2 meteors (only 1 Leonid)
seen during a hour early on Sunday morning.  I myself only looked at the sky
at home for about 5 minutes (sky mostly clear then) and saw none at all.
Likewise Steve Shaw reported seeing only a couple over an hour's period?

In the current Blomidon Naturalists Society newsletter
(http://www.blomidonnaturalists.ca), Roy says in his regular "What's In The
Sky" column that we should look forward to the GEMINID METEOR SHOWER, which
peaks on the night of Dec. 13/14.  Please see his short article there for
more details on the sky that night and on sizes and speeds and heights of
these meteors.

Thanks, Roy, and cheers from Jim in Wolfville