[NatureNS] Kings Co. Ponds

From: "Ronald Arsenault" <ronga@nbnet.nb.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:45:25 -0400

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your comments.

These additional details appear (used since my my conclusions are based only
upon my memory of casual observations) to fit well with my thought that my
observation pattern has affected my impression of relative abundance for
certain species.  The comments seem to fit nicely for Blacks, but it does
not appear to fit quite as neatly for Mallards.  For example, Mallard
sightings are clustered in early spring and late fall, with very few, if
any, in summer.  I have regularly observed broods of Blacks, but I cannot
even remember one Mallard brood.  In addition, I see lots of Mallards in
Moncton/Dieppe and Sackville, in sharp contrast with what I observe here in
Memramcook.

Any additional thoughts?

Ron