[NatureNS] Whale, birds and Leatherback turtle sightings

From: <jamie.swift@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 14:16:00 -0500

Hi Everyone
My husband was walking Long Island shore on the Bay of Fundy side and came across a Leatherback Turtle that had been dead for sometime. The tides are very full right now so that might be the reason why it was there. He took some pictures and called the stranding network to report the turtle sighting. Also he heard a blow
and as he turned around a humpback whale breached twice and flipper slapped then swam offshore.
I have sighted a Male Cardinal, Merlins, Turkey Vultures, song sparrows, chipping sparrows, Flocks of Grackles, and Dark-eyed Juncos.
June Swift