[NatureNS] Yesterday Birding

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:34:31 +0000

Yesterday, Dorothy Poole, Pat Gladman and I birded Oxner's Beach, Rose Bay,
Kingsburg, Lunenburg, Prince's Inlet Dr., Mader's Cove, Mahone Bay, Oakland
and Indian Point.  Nothing out of the ordinary was found and we ended the
day with 32 species.

Noteables only were 40 green-winged teal and one male northern pintail at
Conrad's Island, Rose Bay.  A female northern harrier at Oxner's Beach.  At
Kingsburg two American Wigeon (not a bird commonly seen at this location)
and one male ring-necked duck.  Black Guillemots were four along Mader's
Cove and four at Mahone Bay.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

Experience Live Search from your PC or mobile device today.
http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-ca