[NatureNS] Fwd: [ForestAlerts] Standing Tall -- Call for Action on the Natural Resources Strategy!

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Patrick Kelly <patrick.kelly@dal.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:10:25 -0300

--Apple-Mail-215-880915553
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Hello everyone:

I thought that where so much of Nova Scotia's natural habitat is forest
that this and the following letter would be of interest to many.

Pat

Begin forwarded message:

> [...]
> The objection has also been raised that using Voluntary Planning would
> put policy development in the hands of an outside body. VP does not
> develop policy -- they develop policy recommendations which go
> straight to Cabinet. The government isn't shirking its responsibility
> by using Voluntary Planning-- rather, it is making use of a body which
> ensure the very best recommendations will be developed using the very
> best data. Cabinet still has the final say.
> ---------------------------
>
> Thanks so much for your help! I'm also going to forward separately an
> excellent email from Standing Tall advisory committee chair Paul
> Pross, which may give you some useful ideas.
>
> Best,
> Joanne
>
> -----------------------
> Here are the email addresses of Premier MacDonald and Minister Morse:
>
> mailto:premier@gov.ns.ca
> mailto:morsedm@gov.ns.ca
>
> Email addresses for the other members of Cabinet are:
>
> mailto:bakermg@gov.ns.ca (Michael Baker - Finance)
> mailto:karencasey@ns.aliantzinc.ca (Karen Casey - Education, Youth)
> mailto:healmin@gov.ns.ca (Chris D'Entremont - Health)
> mailto:mlataylor@eastlink.ca (Brooke Taylor - Agriculture)
> mailto:min_dfa@gov.ns.ca (Ron Chisholm - Fisheries and Aquaculture)
> mailto:dooksbf@gov.ns.ca (Bill Dooks - Energy)
> mailto:min_immigration@gov.ns.ca (Carolyn Bolivar-Getson -
> Immigration, Seniors, NSLC, Status of Women)
> mailto:barnetbe@gov.ns.ca (Barry Barnet - Heath Promotion,
> Volunteerism, Communication NS, African-NS affairs)
> mailto:justmin@gov.ns.ca (Murray Scott - Attorney General, Justice,
> Human Rights)
> mailto:markparentmla@ns.aliantzinc.ca (Mark Parent - Environment and
> Labour )
> mailto:bakermg@gov.ns.ca (Michael Baker - Finance, Aboriginal Affairs,
> Utility and Review Board)
> mailto:tpwmin@gov.ns.ca (Angus MacIsaac - deputy premier,
> Transportation and Public Works, Chairman of Treasury and Policy
> Board, Gaelic initiatives, Sysco)
> mailto:streatjl@gov.ns.ca (Judy Streatch -Community Services)
> mailto:mlagoucher@ns.aliantzinc.ca (Len Goucher - Tourism, Culture and
> Heritage)
> mailto:elf@ns.sympatico.ca (Ernie Fage - Human Resources, Energy
> Management)
> mailto:hurlburr@gov.ns.ca (Richard Hurlburt - Economic Development)
> mailto:SNSMRMIN@gov.ns.ca (Jamie Muir - Service Nova Scotia, Municipal
> Relations, Tenancies Board)
>
> --
>

> _______________________________
> Joanne Cook (mailto:forests2@ecologyaction.ca)
>  Coordinator, Standing Tall Campaign for Environmentally Responsible
> Forestry,
>  Ecology Action Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
>  902.429.1335 (voice); 902.422.6410 (fax).
>  http://www.novascotiaforests.ca & http://www.ecologyaction.ca
>
>  * Do not meddle with the Forces of Nature, for you are small,

==
Patrick Kelly
Director of Computer Facilities
==
Faculty of Architecture and Planning
Dalhousie University
==
PO Box 1000 Stn Central                5410 Spring Garden Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4           Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4
Canada                                 Canada
==
Phone:(902) 494-3294    FAX:(902) 423-6672   E-mail:patrick.kelly@dal.ca
==

--Apple-Mail-215-880915553

Hello everyone:

I thought that where so much of Nova Scotia's natural habitat is
forest that this and the following letter would be of interest to many.

Pat

Begin forwarded message:

</color></bold>Joanne Cook <<forests2@ecologyaction.ca>

23, 2006 1:41:06 PM ADT

</color></bold>eac-forestalerts@lists.ecologyaction.ca

</color>[ForestAlerts] Standing Tall -- Call for Action on the Natural
Resources Strategy!

</color></bold>forests2@ecologyaction.ca

Hi everyone,

It appears that Cabinet may make a decision as early as Monday,
October 30, regarding the steps involved in developing the new Natural
Resources strategy. David Morse, Minister of Natural Resources, has
gone on record with the Herald and with Standing Tall staff as being
willing to involve Voluntary Planning for public consultations, a huge
gain for us.<bold> But ...</bold> Morse is adamant that the actual
[...]

(Michael Baker - Finance)

(Karen Casey - Education, Youth)

(Chris D'Entremont - Health)

(Brooke Taylor - Agriculture)

(Ron Chisholm - Fisheries and Aquaculture)

(Bill Dooks - Energy)

(Carolyn Bolivar-Getson - Immigration, Seniors, NSLC, Status of Women)

(Barry Barnet - Heath Promotion, Volunteerism, Communication NS,
African-NS affairs)

(Murray Scott - Attorney General, Justice, Human Rights)

(Mark Parent - Environment and Labour )

(Michael Baker - Finance, Aboriginal Affairs, Utility and Review Board)

(Angus MacIsaac - deputy premier, Transportation and Public Works,
Chairman of Treasury and Policy Board, Gaelic initiatives, Sysco)

(Judy Streatch -Community Services)

(Len Goucher - Tourism, Culture and Heritage)

(Ernie Fage - Human Resources, Energy Management)

(Richard Hurlburt - Economic Development)

(Jamie Muir - Service Nova Scotia, Municipal Relations, Tenancies
Board)

<fixed>--

</fixed>

_______________________________

Joanne Cook (mailto:forests2@ecologyaction.ca)

 Coordinator, Standing Tall Campaign for Environmentally Responsible
Forestry,

 Ecology Action Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia.

 902.429.1335 (voice); 902.422.6410 (fax).

 http://www.novascotiaforests.ca & http://www.ecologyaction.ca

 * Do not meddle with the Forces of Nature, for you are small,
insignificant, and biodegradable. *

Patrick Kelly

Director of Computer Facilities

Faculty of Architecture and Planning

Dalhousie University

PO Box 1000 Stn Central                5410 Spring Garden Road

Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4           Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4

Canada                                 Canada

Phone:(902) 494-3294    FAX:(902) 423-6672
E-mail:patrick.kelly@dal.ca

</fontfamily>

--Apple-Mail-215-880915553--