FW: [NatureNS] on apostrophes in geographical names

Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 01:24:29 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Thanks for this, David.  My original note on this was based only on my
hypothetical supposition that whoever used the expression for the first time
in the U.K. probably was referring to whoever was king at the time and that
the intent was to make it possessive and singular, hence " King's " County
or whatever was being designated at the time.

Yt from Jim in Wolfville