[NatureNS] Hartlen Point, 14 Oct.

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:41:53 -0300
From: David Hughes <davidhughes@accesswave.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

As it happens, we were at Hartlen Point on Sunday morning and there was a
Military Police vehicle stopped on the side of the road. It wasn't clear if
he was watching us, the golfers or none of the above. We happened to see the
same MP at the SeaGulps coffee place after we left Hartlen. I asked him
directly if they minded birders being on the Hartlen Point property and he
smiled and asked if we were causing trouble. I said no, and he said there
was no problem then. He did say they didn't like people going there at night
because they have had problems.

On the bird front, we saw the Whimbrel and about 10 Am. Golden Plovers.
Someone told me he saw the Yellow-Billed Cuckoo at Back Cove Sunday
morniing, but we didn't see it.

Also, on Sunday there was a Yellow-Breasted Chat at Russell Lake in
Dartmouth

David