[NatureNS] geographical names

From: <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:29:32 -0300

The change of place name that I object to most strongly is the change from
Lake Jolly to Lake Jolie.  My mother was born at Lake Jolly back in the days
when it was a busy mill site with a clothespin factory and  a sawmill. She
told me that the place was named after a man named Jolly who was the first
settler there.  Some wise person decided otherwise and fifty years later
changed the name to Lake Jolie.

Roland