[NatureNS] Baltimore Oriole, Gray-cheeked Thrush, Orange-crowned Warblers

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 18:01:26 +0000

It was a lovely day to be out and about bird watching.  David Walmark, Pat
Gladman and I had a nice bunch of stuff with one Baltimore oriole female
which perched atop a tree at Crescent Beach, Lun. Co. and then flew off over
the ocean.  The next good bird was a gray-cheeked thrush, which was at the
end of the Wolfe Gut Road, Bush Island.

While visiting Sylvia Fullerton, at Broad Cove, David noted a warbler in the
bushes along the edge of the field.  We all went out and it turned out to be
an orange-crowned warbler.  In total we observed two orange-crowned warblers
foraging together along the edge of the field.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore