[NatureNS] Fw: Northern Wheatear, Warbling Vireo and American Pipit

Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:56:37 -0300
From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_vR/evH6wwwDmu6ZBb0GrJw)

----- Original Message -----
From: Hans Toom
To: Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 3:56 PM
Subject: Northern Wheatear, Warbling Vireo and American Pipit

I ventured onto the always interesting coastal barren of the Pennant Peninsula on Thursday and walked the trails of Crystal Crescent Beach PP this morning.  On the peninsula I found three Northern Wheatears about halfway between Island Rock Head and Pennant Point.  I managed a few very distant photos of this flighty bird.  I've posted two images representation about 8% of the original frame but the buffy colour and bold eyestripe of this faded adult is quite apparent.

Today there was a nice movement of Vireos and Warblers at Crystal Crescent Beach PP including one Warbling Vireo.  On the rocks at Mackerel Cove I spotted three American Pipits, my first of the fall.

I've posted five photos, two of the Northern Wheatear and one each of Common Yellowthroat, Blackpoll Warbler and Yellow-rumped Warbler.

Hans

http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlight83.html
Hans Toom
Provincial Coordinator
Nova Scotia's Migration Count
e-mail: htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca
NSMC website: http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html
Nature website: http://hanstoom.com

--Boundary_(ID_vR/evH6wwwDmu6ZBb0GrJw)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
title=Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca href="mailto:Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">Hans Toom</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=ns-rba@yahoogroups.com
href="mailto:Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com">Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, September 23, 2006 3:56 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Northern Wheatear, Warbling Vireo and American
Pipit</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I ventured onto the always interesting coastal
barren of the Pennant Peninsula on Thursday and walked the trails of Crystal
Crescent Beach PP this morning.&nbsp; On the peninsula I found<STRONG>
three</STRONG> Northern Wheatears about halfway between Island Rock Head and
Pennant Point.&nbsp; I managed a few very distant photos of this flighty
bird.&nbsp; I've posted two images representation about 8% of the original frame
but the buffy colour and bold eyestripe of this faded adult is&nbsp;quite
apparent.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Today there was a nice movement of Vireos and
Warblers at Crystal Crescent Beach PP including one Warbling Vireo.&nbsp; On the
rocks at Mackerel Cove I spotted three American Pipits, my first of the
fall.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I've posted five photos, two of the Northern
Wheatear and one each of Common Yellowthroat, Blackpoll Warbler and
Yellow-rumped Warbler.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlight83.html">http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlight83.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial
Toom<BR>Provincial Coordinator<BR>Nova Scotia's Migration Count<BR>e-mail: <A
href="mailto:htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca</A><BR>NSMC website:
<A
href="http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html">http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html</A><BR>Nature
website: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com">http://hanstoom.com</A><BR>___________________________________________________</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_vR/evH6wwwDmu6ZBb0GrJw)--