[NatureNS] "Ideas" - Prairie Birds - CBC tonight

From: "Wayne P. Neily" <neilyornis@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, Manitobabirds@yahoogroups.com,
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:30:00 -0300

Hello All,

   While I hope that you all had a chance to hear last evening's "Ideas" on
CBC radio, that is unlikely, so you have another chance this evening (Sept.
20).  It is a two-part programme, featuring Trevor Herriot and Stuart
Houston re-creating John Macoun's trip across the prairies in the 1880s and
comparing today's bird populations with what Macoun saw.  The changes have
probably been most dramatic within Stuart's own lifetime and they give us a
fascinating picture.  As you likely know, "Ideas" is on from 9 to 10 p.m.,
1/2 hour later in Newfoundland.

  Sorry if this stretches the limits of acceptable topics for some of the
lists, but time is short, and it should be of interest to all Canadian
naturalists.
Cheers,

Wayne Neily
Tremont, Nova Scotia

"Let us a little permit Nature to take her own way; she better understands
her own affairs than we." - Michel de Montaigne, 1580.

Buy what you want when you want it on Sympatico / MSN Shopping
http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca/content/shp/?ctId=2,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=081805