[NatureNS] Manx Shearwaters and Atlantic Puffin

From: "Luke DeCicco" <akswallow@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 03:13:15 -0800

Hello,
On my way back from birding on CSI this weekend I stopped off at Bacarro
point for a two hour sea watch.  The winds were very slight from the SSW.
Birds seen during that period: American Pipit (1), Northern Gannet (40-50),
Common Eider (30-40), Double-crested Cormorant (10-15), Atlantic Puffin (1),
and Manx Shearwater (2).  The shearwaters were very distant but seeing what
the weather was doing I was surprised to see anything out there.  I bet it
would be pretty good with the right weather.
Bird on!
Luke DeCicco
Acadia University