[NatureNS] Bird Migration Wave at East Berlin the other day

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 23:38:39 +0000

A summer resident, here for the past 22 years from Florida, and author of a
number of books, is also a long time birder.  He has his daughter visiting
from the states and she is also proficient.  The following is a report of a
Kentucky Warbler by him and his daughter.  I should say this is the follow
up response that I received when I asked about the bird.   Every year East
Berlin gets nice waves of migrants and George hit it correctly on his visit.

We both got good looks @ the Kent. Warbler --low down/wettish--as they
usually are. It was in a wave(small trees)--by the exact spot where I had my
encounter with the Red Winged B.B.--THE DIRT ROAD  LEFT TO RAGGED HARB.
BEACH--RIGHT goes to ANDREWS HEAD. Since it was HIGH tide we were pursuing
WARBLER WAVES & found one--after two failures. This W. WAVE had : Palm
Warbler/young male B. Oriole/Red-eyed Vireo & probably Y. T. Vireo--I had a
Blue-Headed V. the other day on the W. Berlin ....
Myrtles/Yellow-throats/Yellow Warbler/Chickadee/Alder Flycatcher .....

James R. Hirtle
Lunenburg