[NatureNS] Dolichopodid fly references

Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 18:53:31 -0300
From: Stephen Shaw <srshaw@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Dave, Chris, perhaps others,
This is now rather detailed for NatureNS, but I'm forwarding this second reply
from Scott Brooks anyway in case someone wishes to follow it up and/or would
like the references (Dave?).  I was primarily interesting in getting the ID,
though I'd also be interested in the degree of habitat specificity -- whether
this is as extreme as it is for its co-resident, the bristletail.
Extending this thought, it could make an interesting school science fair survey
project to map the limited range of organisms present in and around the fresh
water "seeps" on these sea cliff faces, for someone with a
biologically-inclined youngster.
Steve
Chocolate Lake

----- Forwarded message from brookss@AGR.GC.CA -----